Being a good teacher is not easy, but if you manage to have an exceptional level of devotion to your students and the ability to inspire them to achieve their goals, you know you’re on the right track.
In San Ignacio University we want our students to be successful people, and to do so, we need an outstanding teaching staff. Here’s what these expert educators had to say about being the best in the field:
- Always tell the truth to their students. If you do, they will do the same.
- Build trust. This is one of the most difficult things to achieve in a classroom, but earning your students’ trust will facilitate the teaching process very much.
- Be one of them, create a classroom atmosphere that allows students to challenge you, reject you, come to you easily, and even laugh with you.
- Believe in their students’ success.
- There will be rough times, but they remember why are there and that their students always deserve the best.
- They are grateful with their own teachers. They are the product of great ones.
- Love their subject. It is the reason to be better every day.
Nobody said being a teacher was easy. Our teachers encourage our students every day to be better and, most importantly, to become independent learners one day.