There is no greater honor than the opportunity to serve those who have served us all……
SIU is committed to assisting Veterans in taking advantage of their educational benefits and providing then and their families with opportunities for educational and career growth. San Ignacio University offers a variety of Benefits for all service members.
Process for Veteran Benefits
- Apply for education benefits at www.va.gov . Eligible students will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), which is a written notification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regarding eligibility for veteran education benefits.
- Submit copies of the COE and the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Form: DD-214) to SIU financial aid office.
- Veterans are responsible for ensuring that all requirements for their admission to their VA-approved SIU academic program have been met. To ensure this, veterans can contact their admission's coordinator.
- The SIU Veteran Certifying Official will send an electronic enrollment certification to the Department of Veteran Affairs, once a student's forms have been received and enrollment into courses at SIU has been confirmed. Veterans will receive confirmation via email once the enrollment certification has been sent.
- Veterans will receive an award letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs once their eligibility has been certified.
Veterans have earned the right to use their educational benefits for the purpose it was intended for, and we at San Ignacio University are both pleased and honored to assist you in utilizing it to your best advantage.
We welcome you to our university and hope you will significantly benefit through your studies.