Students in the Hospitality Management programs will develop leadership, communications, and management skills necessary to succeed in the hospitality industry. Coursework covers theory in the field and real-world applications.
The Associate of Arts in Hospitality management program provides courses to form a foundation in communication and personal skills, while business courses develop the necessary competencies to understand management principles.
Courses like English Composition, introduction to business, macroeconomics, microeconomics, principles of accounting, introduction to public speaking, college algebra, and general biology provide the basis for a rounded education.
Specific courses in hospitality and food and beverage management like introduction to the hospitality industry, food and beverage management, food sanitation management, and introduction to customer service, by experienced professionals, allow the student to begin a career in the hospitality industry.
By the end of the programs, students at San Ignacio University will have completed the following objectives:
· Recall knowledge in the areas of science, social sciences, arts and humanities, and basic subjects including mathematics, English, world history and western civilizations.
· Identify the practical applications needed to integrate management, marketing, accounting and finance concepts to improve short-term and long-term organizational performance.
· Examine key concepts and theories related to program content - utilizing critical thinking and academic writing skills.
· Analyze and solve problems, using appropriate tools and technology.
· Interpret the fundamental principles of essential hospitality management functions.
· Demonstrate professional behavior and competencies in customer service.
· Exhibit a range of leadership skills and abilities such as motivating others, leading changes, and resolving conflict.
· Incorporate diverse cultural perspectives into business decisions.
· Recognize the challenges and opportunities of working effectively with people in a diverse environment.
· Communicate effectively in oral and written communication, Use appropriate sentence structure and vocabulary.
· Examine program content in relation to ethical reasoning, social responsibility, global citizenship, civic engagement.
The Associate of Art in Hospitality Management program provides the necessary competencies and skills to start a career in the Hospitality Industry. It aims to provide students with a broad understanding of the operational aspects of today’s fast-paced and exciting hospitality and restaurant fields. By the end of the programs, students at San Ignacio University will have completed the following objectives:
● Apply and reflect on knowledge and skills acquired through academic, Craft-based learning, and workplace learning activities.
● Operate at the supervisory level in operational departments within the hospitality industry.
● Apply contemporary systems and theories relevant to administrative and operational management tasks in hotel departments or units.
● Exhibit solid work ethics, good interpersonal communications, cultural awareness, and teamwork skills.
● Use tools for developing their career plans, setting personal goals, and developing appropriate common skills.
To complete the admissions process, the candidate must meet and submit the following requirements:
English Language Proficiency Requirements
The University requires all non-native English speakers to demonstrate a command of the English language that is necessary for success in college level classes taught in English. Student taking classes in Spanish are exempt from the English proficiency exams.