Students pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Business are required to take courses that aim at building a strong competence with regard to the understanding of the crucial role of external environments for doing business.
Our students will develop the skills required to potentially advance in an international business career. Our bachelor program in international business will enable our students to understand the connections between business thinking and philosophies in an international context.
Our courses include culturally sensitive communications and assessments of foreign risks to business and our students will develop the ability to create a nation-specific risk assessment, analyze the impact of globalization on large companies, and develop strategies for navigating a highly competitive global market.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
· Recall knowledge in the areas of science, social sciences, arts and humanities, and basic subjects including mathematics, English, world history and western civilizations.
· Identify the practical applications needed to integrate management, marketing, accounting and finance concepts to improve short-term and long-term organizational performance.
· Describe the international economic environment and its characteristics.
· Research and analyze international business issues.
· Elaborate an international marketing strategy.
· Incorporate diverse cultural perspectives into international business decisions.
· Explain the complexities of international business management practices.
· Communicate the results of research and analysis effectively.
· Analyze international business environments and contexts to create international business strategies.
· Exhibit work collaboration with others in a team to accomplish goals and objectives.
· Write in a unified and coherent manner appropriate to the subject matter Use appropriate sentence structure and vocabulary.
· Examine program content in relation to ethical reasoning, social responsibility, global citizenship, civic engagement.
To prepare individuals to attain a global vision of the dynamic world of business by providing them with a foundation on the principles and processes of the economy, marketing, management, trade, government regulations, accounting, social responsibility, and business ethics.
This degree allows students to excel in areas such as Foreign Affairs, Public Affairs, Diplomacy, Non-Profit Organizations, International Trait Companies, Domestic and Foreign Corporations, Contracting and Consulting, International Airlines and Foundations.
To complete the admissions process, the candidate must meet and submit the following requirements.
The University requires all non-native English speakers to demonstrate a command of the English language that is necessary for success in college level classes taught in English. Student taking classes in Spanish are exempt from the English proficiency exams.