The three principles of the Master’s in Education at SIU are Educational Leadership, Early Infancy Education, and Special Needs Education. Students of the program will receive the education needed to perform on operational and management positions.
The master’s in education program instructs students in childhood development, general education, intervention, and teaching and learning process in educational institutions. Students in the program will also develop a deeper understanding of philosophy, theory, and practice of classroom instruction in general education, special education, early childhood intervention, and educational leadership. Students gain a greater understanding of educational institutions and the requirements for their successful operation. Students will deepen their critical-thinking skills through analyzes of issues of educational equity and diversity and differentiating students with learning differences.
Focus is on planning and implementing developmentally appropriate learning environments and integrated curricula for young children; developing the rational processes by which children acquire knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes toward learning. Emphasis is also placed on evaluating the use and value of spontaneous play and hands-on activities; planned experience and instruction that provide students with opportunities to explore and manipulate ideas and concept. The specializations in this program will orient students toward educational leadership, special education, and early childhood education. Students will select one specialization from the following areas:
• Specialization in Educational Leadership
• Specialization in Special Education
• Specialization in Early Childhood Education
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
• Study of development, intervention, learning, and teaching processes in preschool, kindergarten, primary grade levels, and educational leadership.
• Prepare students in the field of education with an entrepreneurial component.
• Focuses on the nature of physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and moral development of children, with implications for learning and teaching.
• The student will also learn major orientations through minors in the study of child development, special needs, and leadership.
• Use appropriate sentence structure and vocabulary.
• Incorporate diverse cultural perspectives into business decisions.
• Recognize ethical issue.
• Identify ethical issues.
The Master´s in Education program offers study of development, intervention, learning, and teaching processes in preschool, kindergarten, primary grade levels and educational leadership. The programs’ objective is to prepare students in the field of education with an entrepreneurial component.
The program objective focuses on the nature of Physical, Cognitive, Emotional, Social and Moral Development of Children with implications for Learning and Teaching. The student will also learn major orientations through Minors in the study of Child Development, Special Needs and Leadership.
• Admission sheet
• Bachelor's degree or degree translated and evaluated by a member of Naces if the document is not from the United States.
• Financial proof of a reserve of $23,000.
• Assessment of English language proficiency.
• Valid passport
• Make a single payment of $85*.
*Non refundable. When you have completed the admission process, we will issue your I-20, an essential document to apply for the F1 visa. We will be happy to assist you in this process. Local students
• Admission form.
• Bachelor's degree or bachelor's degree translated and evaluated by a member of the Naces in case the document was not out of USA.
• Assessment of sufficiency of
• Valid ID.
• Make a single payment of $85*. * Non refundable.