Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management deals with the necessary knowledge of the hospitality industry. The course revolves around the services provided by the hotel management, food and beverage industry as well as catering services.
This bachelor-level program in hospitality management is designed to address the increased industry growth and demand for professionals with advanced knowledge and business skills. The program is designed to develop professionals to understand and acquire the skills and competencies necessary to successfully manage a wide variety of operations, from hotels and restaurants to casinos and senior living facilities, with the goal of enhancing the student’s career opportunities.
The program's core competencies are focused on key hospitality management skills like revenue management, hospitality marketing, accounting, human resource management, and organizational behavior. Students would be able to enter the hospitality field, like hotels, cruise lines, event planning, food & beverage operations, and travel agencies.
Upon completion of the Hospitality Management Program, students will be able to:
· Recall knowledge in the areas of science, social sciences, arts and humanities, and basic subjects including mathematics, English, world history and western civilizations.
· Identify the practical applications needed to integrate management, marketing, accounting and finance concepts to improve short-term and long-term organizational performance.
· Examine key concepts and theories related to program content - utilizing critical thinking and academic writing skills.
· Analyze the decision-making process related to hospitality in the contemporary business environment.
· Compare various theories of hospitality management based on professional literature in the field.
· Examine best practices currently being utilized in Hospitality.
· Incorporate diverse cultural perspectives into the hospitality business decisions and to recognize the challenges and opportunities of working effectively with people in a diverse environment.
· Exhibit a range ofleadership skills and abilities such as motivating others, leading changes, and resolving conflict.
· Write in a unified and coherent manner appropriate to the subject matter. Use appropriate sentencestructure and vocabulary. Examine program content in relation to ethical reasoning, social responsibility, global citizenship, civic engagement.
The Hospitality Management program provides the necessary competencies and skills to start a career in the Hospitality Industry. It aims to provide students with a broad understanding of the operational aspects of today’s fast-paced and exciting hospitality and restaurant fields.
To complete the admissions process, the candidate must meet and submit the following requirements:
English Language Proficiency Requirements
The University requires all non-native English speakers to demonstrate a command of the English language that is necessary for success in college level classes taught in English. Student taking classes in Spanish are exempt from the English proficiency exams.