Students will learn the essential skills needed to think critically about the world of business. It provides them with an understanding of the corporate and commercial environment including management, operations, marketing, accounting.
The bachelor level program in business serves professional students from a variety of backgrounds who are looking to strategically acquire a stronger skill about specific business functions, such as information systems, finance, budgeting, and business operations.
This program will impart supplementary competences through pragmatic coursework concerning leadership and organizational behavior proficiencies.
Members of the faculty employ a variety of instructional methods and resources aimed at meeting the needs of student clientele. Emphasis is on advising students in course work appropriate to their interests and academic progress. The core curriculum and course work in the business administration curriculum reflect the needs of the industry, including topics such as marketing and internet business.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
· Recall knowledge in the areas of science, social sciences, arts and humanities, and basic subjects including mathematics, English, and western civilizations.
· Examine various theories relevant and applicable to the field of business administration based on industry specific research and best practices.
· Identify the practical applications needed to integrate management, marketing, accounting and finance concepts to improve short-term and long-term organizational performance.
· Write in a unified and coherent manner appropriate to the subject matter Use appropriate sentence structure and vocabulary
· Examine various forms of technology currently used within the business administration field.
· Examine key concepts and theories related to program content utilizing critical thinking and academic writing skills.
· Compare and contrast theories and research related to relevant models of business administration.
· Incorporate diverse cultural perspectives into business decisions.
· Examine program content in relation to ethical reasoning, social responsibility, global citizenship, civic engagement.
To prepare students with a comprehensive vision of organizations so that they may efficiently be able to understand their areas and departments and how these are interrelated, as well as how to manage all its resources and be prepared to identify business opportunities and respond to change. This degree successfully prepares our students to enter areas of finance, banking, manufacturing, product development, human resources, its management, and business analysis.
To complete the admissions process, the candidate must meet and submit the following requirements:
English Language Proficiency Requirements
The University requires all non-native English speakers to demonstrate a command of the English language that is necessary for success in college level classes taught in English. Student taking classes in Spanish are exempt from the English proficiency exams.